Final Wrap-Up and Reflections

 
Hey readers! 

Unfortunately, we've come to the end. This post will be my final one as I finish out my spring term. I thank you for following along and for allowing me to share a little bit more about myself in this space. 


As I reflect, I think about how I have developed as an artist. When I first began my project, I had no idea where to start and quite honestly I had no true end goal. My intention for this project was to share more about myself and my experiences living on an island through art. I tried to convey a theme of togetherness, family, and home with my blog posts and throughout my Instagram feed. Looking back, I think about how I could have posted more consistently, but even that goes to show the reality of the chaos that happens in our lives. Dealing with the pandemic, getting overwhelmed with school work, and experiencing daily stressors all contributed to "turning off" social media for a bit. The prompts for each blog post shaped the images I decided to post. I even found myself enjoying the process of going back and looking for these images. It brought back a lot of good memories and this process made me feel grateful for the moments I experienced and whom I shared them with. 

Jurgenson mentions that, "visual communication is increasingly accommodating the sharing of experience in addition to and through the mechanism of recording information. This means that social photography, even or especially those photos that are filtered and framed and digitally augmented, can succeed at storytelling rather than fail at exactitidue" (Jurgenson, 17). We document our photographs and store them for people to view on social media. In a way, this visual communication is like storytelling and we all have our own, very different stories to share. I hope my platform brings peace and allows you to appreciate how beautiful the little things are. We should all take time to go on a walk, enjoy nature, or plan that vacation trip to Hawaii one day. Keep sharing, keep smiling, and keep going. 

Logging and signing off for now...(:

With lots of love, 
Ashley <3






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rhythm and Balance, Scale, Texture

Framing and Hierarchy...Imposing Order

Nostalgia and the Present Moment